Friday, November 23, 2007

New Bloglines User!

This week, I have spent some time trying to wrap my head around RSS feeds. I'm starting to get the hang of it, I think.....I have signed myself up through Bloglines, and have registered for a few different feeds that I found on their "top 1000" list. So far, I have not come across many (if any) websites on my own that offer RSS feeds.

I am struggling a bit with seeing the advantage of using RSS feeds vs. just signing up for a newsletter that sends a notice to my email automatically. I know the obvious; instead of receiving 6 different email newsletters, I just have to sign into one site and get them all there. For me, though, I'll need to train myself to check Bloglines on a regular basis. I like the convenience of having the notices come directly into my inbox. I'm the type where if things are out of sight, they're typically out of mind, too (so I like the little reminders that come directly to me).

I must say, though, that I have discovered some new websites this week that I would never have come across otherwise, if I hadn't been involved in this project. So of course, I'm going to keep trying to remember to check my Bloglines account every couple of days.

No comments: